Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Tips to trim your budget
April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Time to save with 6abc and if your budget needs a little trimming, we found a few ways you can slash it...painlessly. And no, we're not about to tell you to stop those pops into fancy coffee shops, though that does help too!
1. Lose The Landline-
We are becoming a cell phone dominant society. If you aren't using your landline, lose it! You can save between $180 and $480 every year.
2. Trim Your T.V. Bill-
Make a list of all of the shows you love then look to see if they are broadcast free online. When it comes to films, you might be able to lose the movie channels and try services like Hulu Plus, iTunes and Netflix.
3. Ditch The Music Downloads -
The next time you think about buying a hot song you heard, consider a Spotify subscription instead. It costs between $5 and $10 a month. You can get tons of song and save big.
4. Do A Little D.I.Y.-
Whether it's making your own seasonings and rubs to save in the spice aisle or rethinking your expensive laundry detergents and dryer sheets in favor of greener homemade products that save you some money, a little effort can take a big chunk out of your budget.
saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police