Saving With 6abc
Supermarket beauty bargains
BALA CYNWYD, Pa. - April 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- "Why break the bank when you don't have to?"
Zinno says for most beauty products, you don't have to shop fancy department stores or pricey salons.
"A lot of the products we have at the grocery store are just as effective, the technology is just as good as other department stores or Sephora. Why spend if you don't have to?" she adds.
Among her favorite supermarket beauty bargains: Maybelline mascara.
She says, "It's available at every groceyr store and drug store, but the mascara is just amazing, it gives you those big beautiful lashes and it's under $7."
She says she's also found that Garnier's skincare products compare well to much more expensive brands.
She says, "i love Garnier. It has a moisturizer and then it also has an amazing anti-puff eye cream eye roller. It's made with things like caffeine, which helps ciruclation around the eyes -- get rid of those bags -- and it has mint extract, too, which cools under the eyes and redues swelling."
She also likes supermarket and drug store eye shadows and hair-care products, along with nail polishes.
The one item Zinno says is worth a deparment-store splurge? Foundation, because getting the color right can be tricky.
To get more of Zinno's beauty tips, click here.
money saving, lifestyle, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 56 min ago