Saving With 6abc
Upscale consignment near Rittenhouse Square
CENTER CITY - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Chanel shoes for $319. A $700 embroidered tulle gown -- new with tags -- for $125. And a Ferragamo cocktail dress for $319.
These are just some of the deals savvy shoppers can find at Second Time Around, a consignment store in the 1700 block of Chestnut Street.
Lisa Johnson of Second Time Around explains, "We definitely specialize in high-end, so, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, when that stuff comes in, we're super-excited. We have a clientele that wants that stuff, so we can turn it over very quickly."
She's not kidding. On the designer rack, we found a Karen Millen one-shoulder cocktail dress for $149, an Escada blouse for $119, and a St. John Knit sweater for $149.
But not everything is so pricey.
Johnson explains, "We're pricing things about a third to a quarter of the original retail, so you're saving that way. And then we also have tag-color discounts. So you're getting savings on top of that as well. When an item comes in the store, it's on a certain color tag and the longer it's here, it gets discounted, 20% , 30% and then eventually 50% off, if it doesn't sell."
Plus, there's a whole room in the back where everything is $20 or less.
In that room, we found Lilly Pulitzer capri pants for $20, jeans from Armani Exchange, Dolce and Gabbana, See by Chloe and 7 for all Mankind for just $15 a pair. A J. Crew button-down shirt was $5 and a silk sundress was $15.
With deals like that, it's no surprise people who've never shopped consignment before get hooked.
Johnson says, "People say, 'This is my first time in a consignment store,' or 'Ohmygod, I've never bought used clothing,' but then, I think you get the thrill of the hunt, I think you get sort of addicted to it."
Second Time Around has another location in Haddonfield, New Jersey, along with 38 other spots nationwide. To find the shop nearest you, click here.
clothing savings, consignment, money saving, lifestyle, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 17 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents 16 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 15 min ago
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt 22 min ago
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery 18 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 10 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 8 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
12 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire...
17 min ago
- Rescuers airlift horse out of Angeles...
6 min ago