Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Best action shot cameras
April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Our weather's warming up and what better way to capture all your fun in the sun than with an awesome new action video camera? Consumer Reports put two of them to the test.
Consumer Reports tested two of the more popular new video cameras that go where no camera or cell phone has gone before. Bradley Rothschild uses a camera to catch the action wherever he goes.
"I use it for mountain biking, I use it for jet-skiing, days on the lake with friends,: says Bradley Rothschild. "It's a good time."
Video cameras like the GoPro are growing in popularity as people want to capture action shots, like skiing without, risking expensive equipment. Consumer Reports tested two top action camcorders, the GoPro Hero 3, which costs $400, and Sony's Action Cam at $270.
The cameras come with rugged, waterproof casings to protect them from the elements and they're loaded with features.
"You can take standard-def or high-def video," according to Terry Sullivan of Consumer Reports. "You can also take still photos. And you can also, on both of them, take photos and stitch them together into a time lapse."
But how do they stand up to tough treatment? Consumer Reports tested by putting each one in a tumbler for 25 rotations to see if they could withstand hard knocks. Both came out ready to shoot.
To see how waterproof the cameras are, they were dunked in water. Both survived intact, with no damage at all.
"If you're looking to capture action shots in the great outdoors, either of these camcorders is a good choice," Sullivan says. "The GoPro has a little bit of an edge in the image quality, but either one will get the job done."
So the next time you hit the slopes for some skiing or head to the beach for some fun in the sun, one of these action cameras could be just the thing to capture memories that used to be a fleeting moment.
6at4, saving with 6abc, nydia han
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
11 min ago