Saving With 6abc
Saving on custom suits
May 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- We are saluting the well-dressed, dapper, debonair man!
Custom suits can cost hundreds, even thousands of dollars, but we found a way to get the wardrobe staple for a fraction of the price.
"I love my suits to fit me just right," says Nathanael Saldana.
That's why he says he loves Indochino, an online company that shaves more than 50% off the price of custom suits.
"I have shopped around," Saldana says. "You pay between $800 - $1,000 or more. Here they are much more affordable, but you don't compromise the quality."
Starting at just $379, the suit not only makes the man, it fits him to a tee!
"Off the rack is never going to fit you as well," says brand manager Crystal Walton. "That's the difference. I think that when you have a custom suit you have confidence and show up better dressed in the world."
Because Indochino is an online company, they can keep the cost down.
"We basically cut out the middle man," she says.
So that's how they say they keep the quality up, using fabrics milled in Italy at the same mills as top design houses.
Everything is sized specifically for you. From suits to shirts, tuxedos, trench coats, chinos, even belts!
You can even add a little panache and personality with your own signature liner and monogram.
"You are seeing guys take suiting a lot more seriously," Walton says, "with 'The Great Gatsby' and the 1920s making a huge influence."
Usually an online-only operation, Indochino set up a special pop-up shop in Philadelphia at 15th and Walnut.
From now through May 27th, you can feel the fabrics, browse around, and get custom fitted by one of their tailors!
"We don't want it to be too short, too long," says Luke Nelson, who is busy taking measurements. "We don't want it to look too baggy, like it's his father's suit."
Normally you would enter your own measurements online, but this special pop-up shop allows you to work directly with the tailors to get the precise measurements.
CLICK HERE to book your appointment to get fitted and get a free custom shirt (worth up to $160) with a suit purchase.
Also, with each suit you get free shipping and free customization.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 7 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 44 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 10 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
10 min ago