Saving With 6abc
One-day sale of vintage couture clothing
CENTER CITY - May 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pucci clutch for $1000. Manolo Blahnik shoes for $149. A silk Dior sundress for $499.
Tara Destribats of The Fashionaires explains, "We're here for one day only. We're having a vintage couture pop-up boutique. All the items are consignment and we have couture, high-end merchandise with a concentration in Chanel. And it's up to 80% off."
Though there are items at the sale priced under $100, many of the items are so high end, most of us can only dream about owning them, even at the "gently-used" sale prices.
For example, Destribats shows me a silk tulle embroidered Chanel runway skirt that retails for $18,000. Priced at $3,000 for the sale, it's a relative bargain.
In addition to the Chanel, you'll see names including Galliano, Versace, Fendi, Gucci, and Alexander McQueen. And then there are the purses and the shoes.
Destribats shows me a pair of Louboutins priced at $400, and several pairs of Manolo Blahniks, many of which she says were never worn.
The Hotel Palomar is located at 117 South 17th Street, at the corner of 17th and Sansom. The sale is on the second floor.
And even if you miss today's Pop-Up Sale, you can go to The Fashionaires website by clicking here.
lifestyle, clothing savings, consignment, money saving, center city, 6at4, fashion, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 8 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 9 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
9 min ago