Saving With 6abc
Pre Demolition Sale offers all sorts of deals
May 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A gas stove for $150. A microwave for $65. The cabinets, the hardwood floor, even the kitchen sink.
Those are just a few of the items that are going to be available at a unique money-saving opportunity called a pre-demolition sale, that will be held June 1 and 2, 2013, at a home that's going to be torn down in the 700 block of Newtown Road in Radnor, Pa.
Kevin Tobin of Pre Demolition Sales explains, "We go in ahead of time and try to sell off everything we can possibly sell off. So, with this house here, everything here is for sale. Even the shrubbery, the landscaping, the flagstone, windows, doors, heating system, kitchens, bathrooms, flooring. Anything at all is for sale and we try to sell it all in two days."
The hardwood flooring in the living room is expected to sell for about $85, to anyone who's willing to pay and then tear it up.
Prices are set for everything that's being sold, but by the end of the sale, Tobin says, those prices become flexible.
"Needless to say, as the day wears on," Tobin explains, "Or tomorrow, the second day of the sale, if we haven't sold it, we're going to do whatever we can to get that sold. Our goal is to sell everything."
Everything that sells goes for less than new retail -- but that doesn't mean everything is cheap. The pricing depends on what's left in the house. In some cases, those are antiques or unique items, which sell for big bucks.
Tobin adds, "We've sold kitchens for $40,000. Fabulous kitchens. We've sold kitchens for $400."
Shoppers can bring their own tools and muscle to dismantle and take their purchases away, or they can hire people on-site to help.
To find out more about upcoming Pre Demolition Sales, click here.
lifestyle, money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street 19 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 39 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 40 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary 25 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
11 min ago