Saving With 6abc
Free kids concerts at the Mann
June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Once again, the Mann Center is offering a series of free children's concerts this summer.
This year's Young People's Concert Series is titled "Capture the Culture: Four Magical Mondays."
On Monday, July 8, 2013, the show is Cirque Zuma Zuma, a blend of acrobatics, dance and music by performers trained in Kenya and Tanzania.
On Monday, July 15, 2013, performers from the Rock School for Dance Education will perform a fusion of classical ballet, modern dance, urban hip-hop moves and grooves.
On Monday, July 29, 2013, local performers aged 8-21 will take the stage for a variety of performances.
And on Monday, August 5, 2013, Black Violin will perform. Kev Marcus and Wil B along with their DJ and percussionist illustrate that classical can be cool, as they create the perfect synergy between classical music and hip-hop.
All of the concerts start at 11:00 a.m. and last about one hour and 15 minutes.
Seating is general admission and given on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are required only for groups of 30 or more but recommended for small groups.
For more information on this free series, click here.
saving tip of the day, money saving, lifestyle, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 2 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
2 min ago