Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Outlet Shopping Tips
June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you're a fan of outlet shopping, we have some advice that can help you save even more money.
1. Shop Smarter at the Outlets.
Most of the merchandise is made SPECIFICALLY for outlet stores. That means it's never sold at a higher price. For a true bargain, ask a salesperson to point you toward the actual overstock from retail.
2. Find Online Sales in a Snap.
As you shop online, free browser plug-ins and bookmarklets from sites like joinhoney.com, couponshelper.com, and poachit.com alert you to sales and provide discount codes you can use at checkout. Even while you are shopping and you don't have to do any searching.
3. Score more from your favorite stores.
Download store apps from your favorite retailers and get free gifts, exclusive coupons, even money to spend in-store. Old navy's SnapAppy gives you coupons for taking pictures of the store's logo. Target and Amercican Eagle apps offer exclusive mobile deals.
4. Sign up for text alerts.
Lord and Taylor, Victoria's Secret, and JC Penney will text you special coupon codes! Just Google your favorite brand with mobile text alerts, and you can easily locate their sign-up page.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 28 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- Photos: Snow Ball 2013: Eagles vs. Lions 10 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief