Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Outlet Shopping Tips
June 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you're a fan of outlet shopping, we have some advice that can help you save even more money.
1. Shop Smarter at the Outlets.
Most of the merchandise is made SPECIFICALLY for outlet stores. That means it's never sold at a higher price. For a true bargain, ask a salesperson to point you toward the actual overstock from retail.
2. Find Online Sales in a Snap.
As you shop online, free browser plug-ins and bookmarklets from sites like joinhoney.com, couponshelper.com, and poachit.com alert you to sales and provide discount codes you can use at checkout. Even while you are shopping and you don't have to do any searching.
3. Score more from your favorite stores.
Download store apps from your favorite retailers and get free gifts, exclusive coupons, even money to spend in-store. Old navy's SnapAppy gives you coupons for taking pictures of the store's logo. Target and Amercican Eagle apps offer exclusive mobile deals.
4. Sign up for text alerts.
Lord and Taylor, Victoria's Secret, and JC Penney will text you special coupon codes! Just Google your favorite brand with mobile text alerts, and you can easily locate their sign-up page.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 37 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
10 min ago