Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Great deals on great books
RADNOR, Pa. - June 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you're looking for summer reading for yourself or your kids, for games or DVDs, we have a sale for you!
Volunteers have spent countless hours in the basement of the Radnor Township organizing more than 30,000 donated items, and all will be for sale this weekend. "Prices are incredibly low," says Ellen Bell of the Friends of Radnor Library. "Someone said 5¢ on the dollar, but that's not true, because some books are 25¢."
But you'll find books on gardening, travel, foreign languages and even recent best-sellers like J.K. Rowling's new book and Lisa Scottoline's latest. Cookbooks are always a favorite at events like these.
Plus, it's not just books. There are records, CDs and DVDs.
There's also a whole room full of children's books like classics from Dr. Seuss and the top-selling "Twilight" and "Harry Potter" series.
"Come and get a stack of them," Bell says. "That's what we encourage people to do."
Proceeds from the sale go to buying new books and audio-visual items and to helping fund special events for kids.
The book sale opens to the public on Saturday, but there is a pre-sale for people who are Friends of the Radnor Library. It starts Friday at 5 p.m. You can become a Friend of the library by making a minimum donation of $25, which you can make on the spot. The more you donate, the more books you can take home.
The sale is open to the public Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. All items are half-price on Sunday.
lifestyle, 6at4, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator