Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Extra vacation charges
June 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's officially summer vacation season and today we are helping you keep those travel bills from creeping up where you least expect and busting your budget!
Just when we got used to all of those additional airline fees, it seems hotels are following suit. Keep an eye out for new kinds of charges being added to your bill.
First, watch those check-in and check-out times. Arriving early or staying later can cost anywhere from $50 to a fee equal to an entire night's stay.
If you hit the mini-bar at some hotels, you may be paying twice for what you ate or drank, plus a restocking fee. So keep an eye open.
Some hotels are now charging you to hold your bags at the bellhop stand.
Some hotels are charging between $5 and $40 perday to use the fitness facilities
Finally, watch out for the tipping fees! Some properties are tacking on gratuities to cover everything from the bellman to housekeeping.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 37 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 38 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 2 min ago
Saving with 6abc Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos