Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Real estate guidelines
July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Experts say the local real estate market is hot this summer and whether you are buying or selling we have some secrets from realtors to help save you some money and headaches!
* Set a realistic price. Too many people get greedy in a hot market and then act surprised when nobody bites... or buys.
* Experts say a better plan is to underprice your house by about 10%. Buyers will notice the low price and this can eventually spark a bidding war
* If you are engaged in a bidding war, what kind of strategy should you take? Experts say go as high as the absolute maximum price you would ever be willing to pay. Don't bid more than you can afford.
* Give the seller some breathing room. Sometimes it works to offer to close quickly to seal the deal. But often the seller hasn't found a new house yet, and feeling rushed can also be a turnoff.
lifestyle, real estate, saving with 6abc, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 35 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 36 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 28 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
35 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
28 min ago