Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Real estate guidelines
July 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Experts say the local real estate market is hot this summer and whether you are buying or selling we have some secrets from realtors to help save you some money and headaches!
* Set a realistic price. Too many people get greedy in a hot market and then act surprised when nobody bites... or buys.
* Experts say a better plan is to underprice your house by about 10%. Buyers will notice the low price and this can eventually spark a bidding war
* If you are engaged in a bidding war, what kind of strategy should you take? Experts say go as high as the absolute maximum price you would ever be willing to pay. Don't bid more than you can afford.
* Give the seller some breathing room. Sometimes it works to offer to close quickly to seal the deal. But often the seller hasn't found a new house yet, and feeling rushed can also be a turnoff.
lifestyle, real estate, saving with 6abc, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Lots of sun, chilly today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in Bordentown, N.J.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
Saving with 6abc Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos