Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Kembrel - Made in the U.S.A.
PHILADELPHIA - July 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- As we celebrate our independence this Fourth of July, a shop for men and women in Philadelphia is celebrating all things made in the USA. It's a unique way to save on homegrown, handcrafted fashions.
"How cool is it to walk in here and buy something that was made right around the corner?" asks Stephan Jacob.
Jacob, the owner of Kembrel at 1822 Chestnut Street, selects each piece of merchandise. They must be unique, niche and locally manufactured.
"People like to know what they shop and they like to know the person behind it and the story behind the merchandise," Jacob says.
For instance, there are 611 men's shirts handcrafted in Northern Liberties and named after route 611. Or Duke and Winston, a T-shirt line that is also from Northern Liberties.
For the ladies, there's a shoutout to your shore town direct from a studio in Manayunk, these waskerd leather wallets from a craftsman named Derek Shaw.
Jacob stocks locally-made jewelry, such as Rocked by Abby in Philadelphia. Philadelphia designer Kathryn Formoso also features her one-of-a-kind pieces.
"Seeing people around town wearing my jewelry is really great," Formoso told us.
There are linen ties from San Francisco, leather goods from Seattle and Brooklyn, soaps and soy candles made in Pennsylvania, and socks created by a Philadelphia University professor and fashion designer.
"It's like an emotional sort of benefit and premium you get from wearing a piece that was made 3 blocks from where you live," Jacob says.
From now through Sunday, you can Save 25% off anything red/pink, white and blue sale. Also, a jewelry blowout sale offering 50% off select jewelry styles all weekend
PLUS, If shoppers mention 6abc at checkout, they will receive an additional 10% off their purchase! Valid in-store only.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 28 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 6 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
28 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
6 min ago