Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Dumping your bad habits
July 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you want to keep more of your money where it belongs - in your pocket - dumping some bad habits can go a long way.
Be cautious of daily deals
Jumping on daily deal sites and grabbing bargains just because they are there can really put a dent in your finances. Sometimes people buy things on sites like Groupon or Living Social that they don't really need. Try limiting your search to things you are already planning to purchase!
BYOBB - Bring Your own brown bag
If you stop ordering lunch and you bring your own, you can save up to $10 a day. If you do breakfast at home instead of on the go, you can almost double your savings!
Be wary of credit card rewards
Sometimes, the cash-back promise of credit card rewards can cause people to spend more just to get a little cash back. Avoid doing that if at all possible.
Subscription services burn
You may have forgotten about your gym membership, magazines, even video rental services like Netflix - but they didn't forget about you. If they are still charging your account and you don't go - cancel the account!
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 4 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 39 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!