Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Major rug cleaning discount
July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A local Parkside company is celebrating nine decades in the business by taking the prices back to the day they opened.
Zakian Rug Cleaning is celebrating 90 years in business by rolling back prices to 1923 rates for nine days, from July 9th to the 17th.
So how does Zakian's pricing today compare to the company's 1923 rates? In 1923 Zakian's grandparents charged 22¢ per square foot to hand-wash rugs. An 8' x 10' area rug would have cost $17.60 to clean.
Today, Zakian charges $2.25 per square foot, netting a $180 charge for an 8' x 10' rug cleaning.
From July 9th to the 17th Zakian will be charging his grandparents' 22¢ rate, essentially 90% off, on every second rug cleaned.
Zakian is located at 4930 Parkside Avenue in Philadelphia. Visit http://www.zakianrugs.com to learn more or schedule free pick up and delivery.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 32 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 23 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 34 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 53 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 49 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
27 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
34 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
53 min ago