Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Major rug cleaning discount
July 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A local Parkside company is celebrating nine decades in the business by taking the prices back to the day they opened.
Zakian Rug Cleaning is celebrating 90 years in business by rolling back prices to 1923 rates for nine days, from July 9th to the 17th.
So how does Zakian's pricing today compare to the company's 1923 rates? In 1923 Zakian's grandparents charged 22¢ per square foot to hand-wash rugs. An 8' x 10' area rug would have cost $17.60 to clean.
Today, Zakian charges $2.25 per square foot, netting a $180 charge for an 8' x 10' rug cleaning.
From July 9th to the 17th Zakian will be charging his grandparents' 22¢ rate, essentially 90% off, on every second rug cleaned.
Zakian is located at 4930 Parkside Avenue in Philadelphia. Visit http://www.zakianrugs.com to learn more or schedule free pick up and delivery.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 11 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd 2 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Florida Rep. Radel returns from rehab
44 min ago