Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Things to buy in August
July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- You may want to kick back and stay by the beach or pool, but as kick off August tomorrow, the bargains are on overdrive and it's time to get out there and grab those deals.
Here are the 5 best things to buy this month:
1. Back-to-School Shopping
Sorry, kids, but it's time to think about heading back to school. August is the best month to get big discounts on everything you will need to head back to class. Prices will be slashed this month before they go back up in September. We're talking up to 70% off.
2. Summer clothes discounts
Also, look for major steals on summer items hitting those clearance racks. We're talking 90% off.
4. Summer Vacation
If you have waited to book a summer vacation, procrastinators can cash in on the savings big time. August offers the best deals for last minute bookings on both hotel and airfare. Package deals offer the best savings. Try Groupon Getaways or Jetsetter for daily deals.
Winemakers are heading into the year's big grape harvesting season. That means last harvest's wines are on sale to make room for new bottles. You should check with local wineries directly for discounts.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 3 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 17 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
18 min ago