Saving With 6abc
How to make outlet savings add up
LIMERICK, Pa.- August 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Shoppers can always find deals at the Philadelphia Premium Outlets, like 50% off clearance at Neiman Marcus Last Call, 40% off at Kate Spade, and 40% off kids' clothes at the Gap.
But those discounts, which we found visiting the Philadelphia Premium Outlets are just the beginning of how you can save right now.
Keri Branch, Assistant General Manager at the Outlets, explains, "As you know, the outlets are 25%-65% off every day. But this time of year, you're going to find great deals with summer clearance, as well as back-to-school sales that are starting, and new Fall preview merchandise, that's coming in already, discounted 30%-50%."
Branch says your first shopping stop should be your own computer -- where you can join the outlet's VIP Shoppers Club and sign up for retailers' Email clubs.
She explains, "Sometimes the deals will be so good that you won't be able to use an additional coupon, but most times, you're able to stack those discounts."
Stacking -- or combining coupons, store sales and online offers -- can really add up, especially if you hit the clearance racks, which we did at Neiman Marcus Last Call.
Among the deals, a sweater that was originally priced at $135 that you could buy for $38 and a $795 Tory Burch jacket for $175.
At Kate Spade, stacking brought the price of a purse that was originally $400 down to $130.
And at the Gap, stacking the in-store discounts with the VIP Club discounts brought a boy's outfit from $74 down to $36 and a girl's outfit from $85 down to $35.
In-store specials can change from day to day. The best way to know what deals are being offered when is to sign up for the retailers' email clubs or "Like" their Facebook pages.
lifestyle, clothing savings, money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
37 min ago