Saving With 6abc
Saving tips for the Just Between Friends sale
OAKS, Pa. - Sept. 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- This weekend's Just Between Friends consignment sale at the Expo Center in Oaks has become a can't-miss shopping destination for thrifty Moms, including a number of local Mommy Bloggers.
The racks and tables at the Just Between Friends Western Main Line Sale are so jammed-packed with toys, clothes, and baby gear at such great prices, it's easy to go overboard.
So we asked several Mommy bloggers to share their best tips for maximizing savings.
Heather McCurdy of Real: The Kitchen and Beyond, says she sticks to a list and a budget, prioritzing "must-have" items.
"I prioritize what I absolutely have to buy and what I can't find elsewhere for a really good deal," she explains. "Then i hit those spots first, get what I absolutely need for the winter and anything else is extra.But even at that, I pick it up, and I look at it and think, 'Do I really need this? Or, can I get this buy somewhere else, or can I skip it altogether?'."
Julieverse Blogger Julie Meyers Pron says she uses the sale to get spare items -- like winter coats -- that kids tend to ruin and that are hard to find and expensive to replace mid-season.
She says, "If you find a second one for a really great price, you might want to buy that, so that you don't have to later in the season buy a second one if it gets ruined or stained."
Stephanie Glover of A Grande Life makes sure the jeans she buys are a good value, by putting her hand in each leg to check for wear at the knees.
And Darla DeMorrow of Heartwork Organizing, brings a ribbon with knots tied at the length of each of her daughters' inseams and foam cutouts of their feet, to avoid buying clothes that won't fit.
Finally, Joey Fortman of Real Mom Media indulges her desire for brand-name items only when she can find them on deep discount at consignment sales like JBF.
She says, "Look for the brands that are high-end boutique brands that you know that you want but you know that you don't want to spend the money for."
The JBF Sale is open until 8:00 p.m. tonight, from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13, 2013, and from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013, when many items are half-price. For more information on the sale, click here.
lifestyle, consignment, clothing savings, money saving, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 54 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 47 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 53 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 51 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
46 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
54 min ago
Saving with 6abc Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos