Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Just Between Friends sale in Oaks
OAKS, Pa. - September 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- This weekend's Just Between Friends consignment sale at the Expo Center in Oaks has become a can't-miss shopping destination for thrifty moms, including several local mommy bloggers.
The racks and tables here are so jammed-packed with toys, clothes, and baby gear at such great prices, it's easy to go overboard.
So we asked the mommy bloggers to share their best tips for maximizing savings.
Heather McCurdy of Real: The Kitchen and Beyond, says she sticks to a list and a budget, prioritizing 'must-have' items.
"Get what I absolutely need for the winter then after that everything else is extra," said McCurdy.
Julieverse blogger Julie Meyers Pron says she uses the sale to get spare items - like winter coats - that kids tend to ruin and that are hard to find and expensive to replace mid-season.
"If you find a second one for a really great price, you might want to buy that so you won't have to buy a second one if it gets ruined or stained," she said.
Stephanie Glover of a Grande Life makes sure the jeans she buys are a good value, by putting her hand in each leg to check for wear at the knees.
Darla DeMorrow of Heartwork Organizing, brings a ribbon with knots tied at the length of each of her daughters' inseams. She also brings foam cutouts of their feet, to avoid buying clothes that won't fit.
"So that I can actually slip it inside the shoe," said DeMorrow.
The Just Between Friends sale continues Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information and for directions click here.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police