Saving With 6abc
Free admission at National Constitution Center today
INDEPENDENCE MALL - Sept. 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- On this date in 1787, the United States Constitution was signed.
And to celebrate, Philadelphia's National Constitution Center is offering free admission today.
The Constitution Day celebration features a wide range of FREE educational festivities and timely constitutional conversations with leading scholars and experts.
For example, Rep. John Lewis of Georgia will lead students in reading the Preamble to the Constitution at 8:30 a.m. on the museum's front lawn. After that, the museum's new flagpole will be dedicated during a special flag-raising ceremony.
At 10:30 a.m., 50 new American citizens will be sworn in. And at noon, there will be cake for all guests.
For more information, click here.
saving tip of the day, money saving, lifestyle, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 54 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 8 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 5 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 14 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
6 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
14 min ago