Saving With 6abc
Free admission at National Constitution Center today
INDEPENDENCE MALL - Sept. 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- On this date in 1787, the United States Constitution was signed.
And to celebrate, Philadelphia's National Constitution Center is offering free admission today.
The Constitution Day celebration features a wide range of FREE educational festivities and timely constitutional conversations with leading scholars and experts.
For example, Rep. John Lewis of Georgia will lead students in reading the Preamble to the Constitution at 8:30 a.m. on the museum's front lawn. After that, the museum's new flagpole will be dedicated during a special flag-raising ceremony.
At 10:30 a.m., 50 new American citizens will be sworn in. And at noon, there will be cake for all guests.
For more information, click here.
saving tip of the day, money saving, lifestyle, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital 41 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally