Saving With 6abc
Free admission at National Constitution Center today
INDEPENDENCE MALL - Sept. 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- On this date in 1787, the United States Constitution was signed.
And to celebrate, Philadelphia's National Constitution Center is offering free admission today.
The Constitution Day celebration features a wide range of FREE educational festivities and timely constitutional conversations with leading scholars and experts.
For example, Rep. John Lewis of Georgia will lead students in reading the Preamble to the Constitution at 8:30 a.m. on the museum's front lawn. After that, the museum's new flagpole will be dedicated during a special flag-raising ceremony.
At 10:30 a.m., 50 new American citizens will be sworn in. And at noon, there will be cake for all guests.
For more information, click here.
saving tip of the day, money saving, lifestyle, saving with 6abc, amy buckman
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose