Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Track your money drains
September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Today we're tackling a question you may find yourself asking from time to time: Where is my money going?
According to financial experts, there are four common cash-drains many of us overlook.
1. Auto-Pay Addiction.
It may seem efficient, but you can lose a fortune on services you never use. For example if you forget about your Spotfiy account, you're out $120 a year. Experts recommend highlighting every auto-pay in your last bank statement and eliminating any overlap.
2. Restaurant Specials
Did you know that those mouth-watering, off-the menu dishes are often 30% more than standard entrees. Ask the price before you order.
3. Premium Gas
Most cars run perfectly fine on regular unleaded. Unless your owner's manual says your car requires premium, skip it.
4. Power down
Even if your gadgets and appliances are turned off, they're eating up energy if they're plugged in. Experts say you can save up to $200 a year by using power strips. Just remember to switch them off every night.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 53 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 32 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 40 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 43 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
36 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
33 min ago