Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Track your money drains
September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Today we're tackling a question you may find yourself asking from time to time: Where is my money going?
According to financial experts, there are four common cash-drains many of us overlook.
1. Auto-Pay Addiction.
It may seem efficient, but you can lose a fortune on services you never use. For example if you forget about your Spotfiy account, you're out $120 a year. Experts recommend highlighting every auto-pay in your last bank statement and eliminating any overlap.
2. Restaurant Specials
Did you know that those mouth-watering, off-the menu dishes are often 30% more than standard entrees. Ask the price before you order.
3. Premium Gas
Most cars run perfectly fine on regular unleaded. Unless your owner's manual says your car requires premium, skip it.
4. Power down
Even if your gadgets and appliances are turned off, they're eating up energy if they're plugged in. Experts say you can save up to $200 a year by using power strips. Just remember to switch them off every night.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 4 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 26 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
18 min ago