Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Be a better shopper
September 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Sure you think you know how to shop... but we have some Saving with 6abc tips that will make you even better!
1. Buy Yourself Gift Cards
Experts say they are a surprisingly effective way to save money in the long run because they force you to set parameters for your spending. For example, if you know you need to get new shoes for work, buy yourself a $100 card to DSW. In theory the card will keep your budget in check.
2. Don't Shop At Night
Research shows that people who shop online after 8 p.m. spend more. Apparently your willpower drops when you're tired or stressed from your day.
3. Find Deals on Instagram
Experts say the site is a hidden gem for discount pieces from major chains, smaller boutiques, and more. Search Twitter hashtags like #sale, #deal, and #flashsale to discover deals in your photo feed. That's also where you can find stylish users willing to sell their designer, like-new, items for deep discounts.
4. Make The Most Of Consignment Stores
Experts say to get name-brand clothes for a lot less than retail, go on Mondays or Tuesdays, since most people clean out their closets over the weekend. Also, know their markdown schedule. A lot of stores consign on 30-, 60-, or 90-day schedules. That means a piece marked down by 25%, 30 days out, would be marked down by 50% 90 days out. It pays to wait.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 11 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 34 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police