Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Party while you get your hair done
CENTER CITY - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Getting your hair cut and blown out can cost a pretty penny. But there's one salon in Center City that's offering a big beauty deal once a week: Pay what you think the service was worth.
Plus, you will see that the savings also comes with a serious party!
Every Thursday night, The Studio CL salon in Rittenhouse Square stays open late, breaks out some booze and hosts a Hair Party.
"We're all rock and roll kids here," says stylist Johnny Wojtanowicz. "So we kind of wanted to dim the lights, put some music on and just have fun with hair."
While the stylists show off their creativity, you kick back with a glass of wine or a bottle of beer. Here's the kicker: When you're done getting gorgeous...
"There's no charge," according to Wojtanowicz. "There's no bill at the end of the service. You just pay whatever you think the service was worth."
Salon owner Artur Kirsch, who's styled supermodels and celebrities like Celine Dion and Kathy Griffin, came up with the concept after hearing about Jon Bon Jovi's 'pay what you can' restaurant in Red Bank, New Jersey.
"It's all about the craft of what we do and the things that we enjoy," says Studio CL owner Artur Kirsch. "And it's selfish. I want to know at the end of the whole service, what am I actually worth?"
Kirsch just launched his hair parties this past summer, and they've already become a huge hit. While you don't have to get a cut or blow out to join the party, you do have to make an appointment to get your hair done.
"What I love about it is people can try something new without coming in and making this whole kind of financial commitment, Kirsch says. "I want people to come in and get a great service, great experience, and walk out feeling incredible about themselves."
The Studio CL's Thursday night hair parties run from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. with an open bar. Don't forget, you definitely do need to make an appointment for your cut or blow out.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 3 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County 54 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 7 min ago
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 28 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 31 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor 37 min ago
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 56 min ago
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth 27 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
3 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
7 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
28 min ago