Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Shop wallet-friendly stores
November 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- You can score everything from designer collaborations to clean-cut basics to runway-inspired pieces at fraction of the price you'd pay at department stores.
SKIP THE DRESSING ROOM:
If the line at H&M rivals the one at the DMV and if you can't shop at 10 a.m. on a Tuesday, when the place tends to be less crowded, give yourself a pass on the fitting room madness. Just pay up, try on the threads at home, then promptly return the rejects.
REACH FOR THE TOP:
Stylists say unless you're waifish, you may have more success finding shirts than pants at red-hot bargain retailers. The reason? Fit models are expensive so trousers may follow a one-size mentality, thus can be less flattering than those at high-end shops.
TRY FOR FIRST DIBS:
Experts recommend asking a sales associate what days of the week their shipments come in. The timing tactic is most helpful at stores like Zara that don't stock in excess but do replenish frequently.
DEEP-SIX YOUR SIZE ISSUES:
It's not your body dysmorphia talking, stylists confirm that some European brands do run small, even tiny in some cases. Go up a size as needed then cut the tag off ASAP if you think you might dwell on it.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 2 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 9 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 52 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 6 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 13 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 19 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 8 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
52 min ago
Saving with 6abc Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos