Saving With 6abc
Saving with 6abc: Returning and regifting
December 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- We are talking returning and regifting.
Did you end up with a not-so perfect present?
Before you head to the super packed stores, make sure you bring your ID, you might need it and read the fine print on a gift receipt to see how long you have to bring it back.
Here's where it gets hairy. Certain items carry a restocking fee, especially electronics and some things, like video games and movies and video games can't be returned once opened.
Now, how about saving yourself a trip to the store and just re-gifting? Is it couth?
Experts say it's ok if you don't get caught and follow these rules:
Finally, add to the gift! If it's that bottle of wine, enhance it with some new glasses and create a whole new gift.
lifestyle, saving with 6abc
Also SeeStory:Coupon codes: Check here before you checkout
More:Get the Latest Saving with 6abc Tips of the Day
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases