Center City homes hit by graffiti
CENTER CITY - December 30, 2009 (WPVI) -- Criminals were hard at work overnight in one Center City neighborhood, leaving their mark on several homes.
One victim, Andrew Bare, said this is the second time this year his home had been hit by vandals.
"I guess this is my holiday gift," he said.
In the scope of possible crimes he allows vandalism might not rank high, but it's a frustration nonetheless.
And he's not alone.
"People spend a lot of time and effort building this neighborhood back. To have someone thinking they can just tag? It's just pathetic," said Keith Wallace.
Julie Woldin explains neighbors have started talking about the tags popping up around 16th Street between Pine and Bainbridge and she's planning on organizing neighbors to see what can be done about it.
"It seems that the transient nature of some of the properties, renters and such like that, there isn't such heart and concern about the communities," Woldin said. "Maybe these guys know it?"
Woldin said she would also enlist the help of the Philadelphia Anti-Graffiti Network.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, vandalism, graffiti, crime, katherine scott
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 39 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 39 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos