Photo released of Old City shooting suspect
OLD CITY - January 18, 2010 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have arrested a 28-year-old man in a shooting that occurred outside the FOX 29 studios in the city's Old City section.
Gunfire rang out on the sidewalk in the 300 block of Market Street around 2:45 a.m. Sunday.
23-year-old Eddie Didonato was struck six times in the chest and abdomen, police say. He was taken to Jefferson University Hospital.
Eddie's father, Ed Didonato Sr. spoke with Action News and said his son remains in critical condition.
Ed Sr. said his son graduated from Villanova last May and was the Captain of the Lacrosse team. His father says Eddie just started his first job last Monday at Nationwide. He is amazed at how tough Eddie is.
Police have told Eddie's father that the suspect is a third year law student at Temple University. He is identified as 28-year-old Gerald Ung of the 300 block of South 43rd Street. Ung is under arrest and charged with Attempted Homicide, Aggravated Assault and related offenses. He is originally from Virginia.
Ung was arraigned at 1:14 a.m. Monday. He is scheduled to appear in court on January 25th.
There is still no word on what sparked the shooting.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, shooting, crime
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 39 min ago
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Pedestrian struck by car in Milford, Del. gets cited
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
39 min ago