Photo released of Old City shooting suspect
OLD CITY - January 18, 2010 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have arrested a 28-year-old man in a shooting that occurred outside the FOX 29 studios in the city's Old City section.
Gunfire rang out on the sidewalk in the 300 block of Market Street around 2:45 a.m. Sunday.
23-year-old Eddie Didonato was struck six times in the chest and abdomen, police say. He was taken to Jefferson University Hospital.
Eddie's father, Ed Didonato Sr. spoke with Action News and said his son remains in critical condition.
Ed Sr. said his son graduated from Villanova last May and was the Captain of the Lacrosse team. His father says Eddie just started his first job last Monday at Nationwide. He is amazed at how tough Eddie is.
Police have told Eddie's father that the suspect is a third year law student at Temple University. He is identified as 28-year-old Gerald Ung of the 300 block of South 43rd Street. Ung is under arrest and charged with Attempted Homicide, Aggravated Assault and related offenses. He is originally from Virginia.
Ung was arraigned at 1:14 a.m. Monday. He is scheduled to appear in court on January 25th.
There is still no word on what sparked the shooting.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, shooting, crime
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 13 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 3 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 11 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
13 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
11 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
3 min ago