Photo released of Old City shooting suspect
OLD CITY - January 18, 2010 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have arrested a 28-year-old man in a shooting that occurred outside the FOX 29 studios in the city's Old City section.
Gunfire rang out on the sidewalk in the 300 block of Market Street around 2:45 a.m. Sunday.
23-year-old Eddie Didonato was struck six times in the chest and abdomen, police say. He was taken to Jefferson University Hospital.
Eddie's father, Ed Didonato Sr. spoke with Action News and said his son remains in critical condition.
Ed Sr. said his son graduated from Villanova last May and was the Captain of the Lacrosse team. His father says Eddie just started his first job last Monday at Nationwide. He is amazed at how tough Eddie is.
Police have told Eddie's father that the suspect is a third year law student at Temple University. He is identified as 28-year-old Gerald Ung of the 300 block of South 43rd Street. Ung is under arrest and charged with Attempted Homicide, Aggravated Assault and related offenses. He is originally from Virginia.
Ung was arraigned at 1:14 a.m. Monday. He is scheduled to appear in court on January 25th.
There is still no word on what sparked the shooting.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, shooting, crime
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish