Man, woman shot in Rhawnhurst
RHAWNHURST - January 22, 2010 (WPVI) -- Two people have been shot in what police are calling an attempted murder-suicide in the Rhawnhurst section of Philadelphia.
It happened just before 7:00 a.m. Friday in the parking lot of the Meadow View Apartments in the 8100 block of Algon Avenue.
Police say a 29-year-old man shot a 22-year-old woman multiple times before turning the gun on himself.
Both were transported to the hospital where the man was pronounced dead. The woman is in extremely critical condition.
Police had previously said she died.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Police say both people involved knew each other.
Their identities have not been released.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, homicide, crime
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 45 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos