Man, woman shot in Rhawnhurst
RHAWNHURST - January 22, 2010 (WPVI) -- Two people have been shot in what police are calling an attempted murder-suicide in the Rhawnhurst section of Philadelphia.
It happened just before 7:00 a.m. Friday in the parking lot of the Meadow View Apartments in the 8100 block of Algon Avenue.
Police say a 29-year-old man shot a 22-year-old woman multiple times before turning the gun on himself.
Both were transported to the hospital where the man was pronounced dead. The woman is in extremely critical condition.
Police had previously said she died.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Police say both people involved knew each other.
Their identities have not been released.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, homicide, crime
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 16 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 42 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
16 min ago