Police net suspect in Acme store attack
MILLVILLE, N.J. - February 1, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police say they have the suspect who attacked a man inside a New Jersey grocery store.
During the weekend the Millville police arrested 39-year-old Joseph Dusharm. Investigators say he is homeless and had lived in the woods about a mile away from the Acme, behind a K-mart.
Police say on January 24, Dusharm assaulted 59-year-old Bill Ritchie of Millville inside the Acme while Ritchie was shopping. The attack, which was caught on security cameras, caused severe head injuries.
Ritchie described the episode to Action News during in a phone interview from his hospital bed: "Guy walked up behind me, grabbed me, threw me up in the air and slammed me on the floor for no apparent reason I know of."
Police say Ritchie was dumped on his head and suffered a fractured skull, a bruised brain, a cracked vertebra and a ruptured spleen.
"(It) appears to be random at this point," says Detective John Redden of the Millville Police. "The victim doesn't know who the attacker is and didn't say anything to him, just walked up and grabbed him and slammed him."
new jersey, assault, acme markets, crime
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 15 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier