Arrest made in Newark road rage incident
NEWARK, Del. - February 12, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest after a road rage incident last week in Newark, Delaware.
25-year-old Nicholas J. Hood was arrested after police say he made verbal and physical threats towards a female driver along Main Street back on February 3.
An apparent road rage incident occurred on Main Street, Newark n February 3, 2010 around 9:15 p.m.
According to police, it was around 9:15 p.m. when the driver of a car pulled onto Main Street from a parking lot. A truck approached the car from behind and began tailgating. The operator of the truck began flashing his headlights, sounding some type of horn, and turned on overhead lights on the truck. The car's driver then realized her headlights were off and turned them on.
The truck's driver, later identified as Hood, continued to harass the woman. When the car had to stop at a red light at Main Street and College Avenue, the truck pulled alongside in the next lane. Hood yelled and cursed at the woman, pumping his fist as if punching at the driver. He then displayed a handgun and raised it toward the roof of the truck while continuing to yell at her.
After the light turned green, the truck followed the car for a short distance.
Numerous tips from the public led to the identification and arrest of Hood.
Hood was charged with the following: 1 count of Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony, 2 counts of Aggravated Menacing (Felony), 2 counts of Harassment (Misdemeanor) and 1 count of Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony).
He was issued $26,000 secured bond on the charges and was release after posting bail.
delaware, newark, road rage, crime
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco 33 min ago
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch