Arrest made in Newark road rage incident
NEWARK, Del. - February 12, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police have made an arrest after a road rage incident last week in Newark, Delaware.
25-year-old Nicholas J. Hood was arrested after police say he made verbal and physical threats towards a female driver along Main Street back on February 3.
An apparent road rage incident occurred on Main Street, Newark n February 3, 2010 around 9:15 p.m.
According to police, it was around 9:15 p.m. when the driver of a car pulled onto Main Street from a parking lot. A truck approached the car from behind and began tailgating. The operator of the truck began flashing his headlights, sounding some type of horn, and turned on overhead lights on the truck. The car's driver then realized her headlights were off and turned them on.
The truck's driver, later identified as Hood, continued to harass the woman. When the car had to stop at a red light at Main Street and College Avenue, the truck pulled alongside in the next lane. Hood yelled and cursed at the woman, pumping his fist as if punching at the driver. He then displayed a handgun and raised it toward the roof of the truck while continuing to yell at her.
After the light turned green, the truck followed the car for a short distance.
Numerous tips from the public led to the identification and arrest of Hood.
Hood was charged with the following: 1 count of Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony, 2 counts of Aggravated Menacing (Felony), 2 counts of Harassment (Misdemeanor) and 1 count of Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony).
He was issued $26,000 secured bond on the charges and was release after posting bail.
delaware, newark, road rage, crime
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 24 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ