Police: Robbery suspect left wallet at crime scene
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 6, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware say one of the men wanted for an assault and robbery left his wallet at the scene of the crime.
Investigators are looking for Edwin Diaz-Davila, 20, of the 2700 block of Lancaster Avenue in Wilmington.
Police were called to 11 Mary Ella Drive around 9:35 p.m. Monday for a report of a fight in progress. When officers arrived, they found two men who were bleeding from the head and face.
One of the victims, a 32-year-old man, told police he was confronted by three men in a parking lot. He said the men assaulted him and took his wallet and cell phone. His roommate tried to help but he too was assaulted.
While investigating the scene, police say they found a wallet that did not belong to either victim. However, officers say the men were able to identify it as belonging to one of the suspects.
Anyone with information Diaz-Davila's whereabouts is asked to call the New Castle County Police Department at (302) 395-8110 or got to the NCCPD's website.
delaware, new castle county, assault, robbery, crime
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos