Police: Robbery suspect left wallet at crime scene
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 6, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware say one of the men wanted for an assault and robbery left his wallet at the scene of the crime.
Investigators are looking for Edwin Diaz-Davila, 20, of the 2700 block of Lancaster Avenue in Wilmington.
Police were called to 11 Mary Ella Drive around 9:35 p.m. Monday for a report of a fight in progress. When officers arrived, they found two men who were bleeding from the head and face.
One of the victims, a 32-year-old man, told police he was confronted by three men in a parking lot. He said the men assaulted him and took his wallet and cell phone. His roommate tried to help but he too was assaulted.
While investigating the scene, police say they found a wallet that did not belong to either victim. However, officers say the men were able to identify it as belonging to one of the suspects.
Anyone with information Diaz-Davila's whereabouts is asked to call the New Castle County Police Department at (302) 395-8110 or got to the NCCPD's website.
delaware, new castle county, assault, robbery, crime
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash