Man arrested for Delaware road rage incident
NEW CASTLE, Del. - April 24, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police arrest a man for a road rage incident in New Castle.
At 4:37 p.m. on Friday, State Police received a call from a 59-year-old man who advised he was following a motorist who had just intentionally rammed his silver Acura while driving on I-95. The caller was able to give a description of the suspect vehicle, tag number, as well as a description of the driver.
Having gathered the necessary information, the police had the victim pull over at a safe location on Route 273 and wait for a Trooper. When the officer arrived, he learned that the victim was traveling southbound on the interstate when a Dodge Ram pickup was tailgating him.
The driver of the Dodge started honking his horn in an attempt to get the victim to move out of his way. Traffic was very heavy and the victim said he had nowhere to go. The suspect vehicle then pulled up alongside the victim's driver's side.
The driver of the Dodge started swerving at the victim and eventually sideswiped his car. The victim described the act as intentional. The Dodge then fled the scene westbound on Route 273.
The Trooper responded to the home of the registered owner of the Dodge and positively identified the driver of the pickup as 26-year-old Thomas Kinsler, Jr. The Dodge, which was parked outside the home, had damage consistent with the crash on I-95.
A computer check also revealed Kinsler was wanted by Delaware Courts for failing to appear for trial. He was taken into custody without incident.
Thomas Kinsler was formally charged with the following misdemeanor offenses: Reckless Driving and Criminal Mischief. He was also charged with the following traffic offenses: Reckless Driving and Following a Motor Vehicle Too Closely. He was arraigned on his current charges as well as his pending capiases. Kinsler was released after posting a $100 cash bond and a $1,125 unsecured bond.
delaware, new castle county, road rage, accident, crime
- More Snow on the Way 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder 58 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- More Snow on the Way
54 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
58 min ago