AG: Former Del. school worker stole $150,000
WILMINGTON, Del. - June 16, 2010 (WPVI) -- The former finance director of the Laurel School District has been charged with the embezzlement of $150,000 from the schools.
William Hitch, Jr. is charged with theft and other crimes in the case dating back to September, 2001.
Investigators say, in that time, Hitch made unauthorized payment to himself for overtime an additional pay.
Hitch was indicted by the Sussex County Grand Jury for theft, misusing computer information, and the misuse of public information.
Hitch resigned his position from Laurel School District in December, 2009.
He turned himself in to police on June 11 and was released after posting bail.
delaware, sussex county, embezzlement, crime
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 54 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 49 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 53 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 55 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
39 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
36 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
55 min ago