Philadelphia police seek missing prisoner
PHILADELPHIA - July 13, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for a young man who escaped custody on Monday afternoon in Philadelphia.
Investigators say Maurice Wheeler, 18, of the 1900 block of Elston Street, was being transported by a company that is contracted by the Youth Study Center for prisoner transportation.
The employees said Wheeler escaped custody in the area of the Bustleton Family Practice and Medical Center at 9601 Bustleton Avenue around 12:10 p.m.
The circumstances of his escape were not released.
Wheeler was last seen wearing a dark blue t-shirt, khaki pants over a pair of blue and white stripped pajama type pants and white socks.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Northeast Detective Division at 215-686-3153.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, prison escape, crime
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 21 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street 29 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 49 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 50 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary 35 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
21 min ago