Police: Road rage, alleged assault leads to chase
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 24, 2010 (WPVI) -- A case of road rage and an alleged assault led to a police chase through Philadelphia and Upper Darby, officials say.
It all started just before 8:30 p.m. when Upper Darby and Philadelphia police began chasing a female suspect wanted in the slashing of another woman.
Police say the victim apparently cut-off the suspect, enraging her in Philadelphia.
The suspect then pulled up next to the victim's vehicle at the Belmont Avenue and Lansdowne Drive intersection.
The suspect slashed the victim in the left side of her face with a knife.
The victim tried to get away towards Upper Darby where she lives, but, police say, the suspect followed.
In Upper Darby, the victim was able to flag down police and that's where the chase began.
Four police cars and a chopper followed the suspect back to Philadelphia.
Police pursued the vehicle on Market Street then up 63rd Street to Girard Avenue.
The chase came to a hault at 43rd Street and Girard in front of the Philadelphia Zoo.
After taking the suspect into custody, police carefully searched her Dodge Durango.
A 2-year -old child in the suspect's vehicle was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say the 2-year-old is the suspect's goddaughter.
The name of the suspect has not been released.
Police say she is expected to be charged with reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, assault, road rage, delaware county, philadelphia zoo, crime, katherine scott
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 19 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
19 min ago