Police: Road rage, alleged assault leads to chase
WEST PHILADELPHIA - July 24, 2010 (WPVI) -- A case of road rage and an alleged assault led to a police chase through Philadelphia and Upper Darby, officials say.
It all started just before 8:30 p.m. when Upper Darby and Philadelphia police began chasing a female suspect wanted in the slashing of another woman.
Police say the victim apparently cut-off the suspect, enraging her in Philadelphia.
The suspect then pulled up next to the victim's vehicle at the Belmont Avenue and Lansdowne Drive intersection.
The suspect slashed the victim in the left side of her face with a knife.
The victim tried to get away towards Upper Darby where she lives, but, police say, the suspect followed.
In Upper Darby, the victim was able to flag down police and that's where the chase began.
Four police cars and a chopper followed the suspect back to Philadelphia.
Police pursued the vehicle on Market Street then up 63rd Street to Girard Avenue.
The chase came to a hault at 43rd Street and Girard in front of the Philadelphia Zoo.
After taking the suspect into custody, police carefully searched her Dodge Durango.
A 2-year -old child in the suspect's vehicle was taken to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say the 2-year-old is the suspect's goddaughter.
The name of the suspect has not been released.
Police say she is expected to be charged with reckless endangerment and aggravated assault.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, assault, road rage, delaware county, philadelphia zoo, crime, katherine scott
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ