Pa. woman denies beating stepson, 3, to death
SCRANTON, Pa. - August 18, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania woman testifying in her own defense flatly denied inflicting the head injuries that killed her 3-year-old stepson five years ago.
Thirty-three-year-old Wandaly Perez-Hood testified Tuesday in Lackawanna County Court that she did not know how Isaiah Hood ended up with the injuries that led to his death in 2005.
Perez-Hood faces first- and third-degree homicide for allegedly beating the boy at her apartment in Jermyn, near Scranton. An autopsy showed Isaiah Hood died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Closing arguments are scheduled for Wednesday morning. The jury could begin deliberating in the afternoon.
child death, child abuse, beating, homicide, scranton, pennsylvania, crime
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 5 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 1 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 1 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
5 min ago