Pa. woman denies beating stepson, 3, to death
SCRANTON, Pa. - August 18, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania woman testifying in her own defense flatly denied inflicting the head injuries that killed her 3-year-old stepson five years ago.
Thirty-three-year-old Wandaly Perez-Hood testified Tuesday in Lackawanna County Court that she did not know how Isaiah Hood ended up with the injuries that led to his death in 2005.
Perez-Hood faces first- and third-degree homicide for allegedly beating the boy at her apartment in Jermyn, near Scranton. An autopsy showed Isaiah Hood died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Closing arguments are scheduled for Wednesday morning. The jury could begin deliberating in the afternoon.
child death, child abuse, beating, homicide, scranton, pennsylvania, crime
- Snow today, heavy at times 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 19 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton 26 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware 39 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
44 min ago
- John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
26 min ago