Pa. woman denies beating stepson, 3, to death
SCRANTON, Pa. - August 18, 2010 -- A northeastern Pennsylvania woman testifying in her own defense flatly denied inflicting the head injuries that killed her 3-year-old stepson five years ago.
Thirty-three-year-old Wandaly Perez-Hood testified Tuesday in Lackawanna County Court that she did not know how Isaiah Hood ended up with the injuries that led to his death in 2005.
Perez-Hood faces first- and third-degree homicide for allegedly beating the boy at her apartment in Jermyn, near Scranton. An autopsy showed Isaiah Hood died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Closing arguments are scheduled for Wednesday morning. The jury could begin deliberating in the afternoon.
child death, child abuse, beating, homicide, scranton, pennsylvania, crime
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch