Two Delco prisoners freed after clerical mistakes
MEDIA, Pa. - August 26, 2010 (WPVI) -- Two prisoners from Delaware County were given their freedom due to clerical mistakes, the district attorney confirmed for Action News.
David Wilson, 19 (aka David West) of the 100 block of West 22nd Street in Chester and Ateia Polk, 32, of the 4500 block of North 11th Street in Philadelphia are being sought by police.
Wilson was convicted on July 8th after being arrested for an armed robbery in January. He was found to be in possession of a handgun, police said. Wilson was prohibited from owning guns because of a previous conviction.
He was set to be sentenced on August 16th, however officials found he had been released on August 4th.
Authorities say Wilson was released because the proper documents were not faxed to the prison.
Polk, meanwhile, was charged with robbery, terroristic threats, simple assault, receiving stolen property and retail theft stemming from an incident at a beauty salon in Upper Darby.
She was released on bail May 18th and was arrested on July 16th after failing to appear in court.
Polk had a bail hearing July 19, in which the judge revoked her prior bail. However, officials say the clerk missed her bail revocation and let her go.
This incident comes after the June release of Taaqui Brown, who was mistakenly released after being mixed-up with his brother.
pennsylvania, delaware county, prison escape, crime
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 58 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 4 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
58 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos