Man at center of NJ Amber Alert in court
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. - August 26, 2010 (WPVI) -- A convicted sex offender whose disappearance triggered an Amber Alert appeared in court on Thursday.
Police were looking for 38-year-old Terry Dusseault to arrest him on child sexual assault and endangerment charges but he took off with his 8-year-old son.
Now that the boy is safe, Dusseault had to answer the latest sex crime allegations against him.
Dusseault appeared on video from the Burlington County jail. It was his first court appearance since been arrested on Wednesday.
He is charged with sexually assaulting three young girls, and faces two counts of aggravated sexual assault and five counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
Bail was set at $300,000 cash and restraining orders were signed to keep him away from his alleged victims should he make bail.
The crimes allegedly took place between April 2009 and the end of 2009.
Sources say the victims were around nine years old.
If he is to see his son, it will be under the supervision of the Department of Youth and Family Services.
Dusseault fled with his son on Tuesday, activating the Amber Alert. Authorities say he knew he was about to be charged, and that's why he took off.
The alert was cancelled on Wednesday when an alert motorist spotted the vehicle Dusseault was in on Route 70 and called police.
Dusseault's son was found unharmed. So far, Dusseault has not been charged for fleeing with his son, of whom he has custody.
Dusseault was employed as a pizza delivery driver, and is a registered sex offender as a result of a child porn conviction in North Carolina.
new jersey, burlington county, amber alert, crime
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run