NJ man charged in 2007 Pa. triple slaying
EASTON, Pa. - September 1, 2010 -- Police in Pennsylvania say a suspect in a three-year-old triple murder has been arrested in New Jersey.
Easton police say Demar Edwards is the last of four suspects to be arrested in the triple slaying in Easton in 2007. Inspector Matthew Gerould says Edwards was arrested in Newark, N.J. and Easton police are heading there.
Edwards is charged in the gangland-style slayings of Alphe Rene, Chanel Amour and Aleah Hamlin. Police say Rene was targeted in retaliation for earlier killings in New Jersey.
Earlier this year, Ali Davis was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison. A second man pleaded guilty to three counts of criminal conspiracy.
Twenty-six-year-old Olayiwola Hollist, of Newark, was arrested last month and is being held without bail.
Information from: The Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
homicide, easton, pennsylvania, crime
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos