Search for NE Phila. armed bank robber
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 2, 2010 (WPVI) -- The FBI and the Philadelphia Police Department are seeking the public's assistance to identify and locate the bank robbery suspect in Northeast Philadelphia.
The armed robbery took place at around 12:15 p.m. Thursday at the Republic Bank branch located at 7300 Frankford Avenue at Cottman Avenue.
Police say the suspect entered the bank and brandished a silver-colored handgun. The suspect demanded that money be placed in a plastic shopping bag that he was carrying.
After obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled the bank and may have entered what police describe as a very shiny red car that was low to the ground and had heavily tinted windows.
No injuries were reported during the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30's, 5'9" tall, medium build, wearing a Philadelphia Flyers "Championship" baseball cap, a light-colored bandana over his nose and mouth, a plain grey long-sleeved shirt and dark gloves. The suspect was carrying the gun in his right hand.
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police Department. There may be a reward for information leading to this suspect's capture, and tipsters can remain anonymous.
This suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, bank robbery, crime
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 40 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 22 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball