Search for NE Phila. armed bank robber
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 2, 2010 (WPVI) -- The FBI and the Philadelphia Police Department are seeking the public's assistance to identify and locate the bank robbery suspect in Northeast Philadelphia.
The armed robbery took place at around 12:15 p.m. Thursday at the Republic Bank branch located at 7300 Frankford Avenue at Cottman Avenue.
Police say the suspect entered the bank and brandished a silver-colored handgun. The suspect demanded that money be placed in a plastic shopping bag that he was carrying.
After obtaining an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled the bank and may have entered what police describe as a very shiny red car that was low to the ground and had heavily tinted windows.
No injuries were reported during the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white male in his 30's, 5'9" tall, medium build, wearing a Philadelphia Flyers "Championship" baseball cap, a light-colored bandana over his nose and mouth, a plain grey long-sleeved shirt and dark gloves. The suspect was carrying the gun in his right hand.
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police Department. There may be a reward for information leading to this suspect's capture, and tipsters can remain anonymous.
This suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, bank robbery, crime
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 10 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 28 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 6 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 36 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos