Official: Homeowner points gun at SPCA director during raid
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - September 10, 2010 (WPVI) -- A raid on an Upper Darby home led to a dangerous moment for a SPCA official Friday afternoon.
The SPCA and animal control were called to the residence on Leighton Terrace around 1:00 p.m.
During the initial investigation of the house, officials say the female homeowner pointed a gun at Pennsylvania SPCA Law Enforcement Director George Bengal. Bengal was forced backed down the steps.
No shots were reported and the homeowner was taken into custody.
75 cats in total were removed from the home.
The cats were taken to the Delaware County SPCA located on Sandy Bank Road in Media.
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 8 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts