Woman, 19, charged with raping boy, 11
FELTON, Del.- September 16, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have arrested a 19-year-old Felton woman accused of raping the 11-year-old boy she was babysitting.
Cassandra Epperson, 19, is charged with first-degree rape, unlawful sexual contact and endangering the welfare of a child.
Police said that on Tuesday, Sept. 14, troopers investigated a reported rape at a home on Skinner Lane in Felton.
According to police, they learned that on Aug. 20, Epperson, who lives on Skinner Lane, was at a nearby home to babysit.
Troopers say Epperson was babysitting five children, including the victim, at the time of the incident.
Police say Epperson allegedly followed the victim into a bathroom at the rear of the home and sexually assaulted the 11-year-old boy.
Investigators say the victim later disclosed this information to his mother, who then contacted Delaware State Police.
Epperson was arrested on Wednesday and was sent to prison on $2,000 secured bond.
delaware, kent county, child sex assault, crime
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 9 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
9 min ago