Motorist shot in the back in Spring Garden
SPRING GARDEN - September 26, 2010 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating the shooting of a motorist overnight in the city's Spring Garden section.
Police tell Action News that a man was driving a car in the 1000 block of Parrish Street around 2:10 a.m. when he was shot at least once in the back after some type of confrontation with two males on the street.
The victim's car then traveled across 11th Street and crashed into a pole in the rear of the 11th Street Family Health Center, which is operated by Drexel University.
Two other men in the car got out and ran after the crash, a woman in the car is being questioned by police.
The shooting victim, said to be in his 30s, was rushed to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
So far, police have made no arrests.
shooting, spring garden, philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police