Escaped Del. psychiatric patient recaptured
WILMINGTON - October 9, 2010 -- Wilmington police say they have caught a man accused of assaulting a fellow patient at the Delaware Psychiatric Center, who escaped on the way to court.
Police say 46-year-old Donald Johns Jr. escaped in Wilmington Friday morning as he was taken to a trial regarding the assault and was captured that evening. Workers from the psychiatric center opened the back door of the van carrying Johns, and he jumped out and ran away.
Johns was not wearing restraints. Police said Johns should be considered dangerous.
Police Lt. Matt Kurten said no details were available Saturday about the time and circumstances of the capture.
delaware, wilmington, prison escape, crime
- Screaming man attacks police district, cars with bat 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 30 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 17 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
30 min ago