2nd walkaway from Del. facility captured
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 11, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware corrections officials say another of five men who walked away from a Wilmington corrections center has been apprehended.
Twenty-five-year-old old Markeevis McDougal was taken into custody Monday afternoon in Wilmington.
He was among five men who left the Plummer Community Corrections Center on Friday.
Philadelphia Police Department officers arrested another one of those men, 18-year-old Andrew Burgos, in Philadelphia at approximately 10:00 p.m. Saturday.
Plummer Community Corrections Center is a Level 4 facility where the DOC manages offenders who are transitioning back into the community. These centers are not secured like Level 5 prisons, as offenders are permitted to the leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs or attend approved treatment sessions.
Police have released the following descriptions of the remaining three offenders still on the loose:
- Kiayre Braxton, 21, 5'07" and 140 pounds. Braxton arrived at PCCC on 07/14/2010. He was serving an 8-year Level 4 Crest sentence, suspended upon completion of the Crest program for 18 months at Level 3. He was sentenced for Possession within 1000' of a School.
- Irvin Lewis, 31, 5'03" and 180 pounds. Lewis arrived at PCCC on 07/14/2010. He was serving an 8-year Level 5 sentence, suspended after 1 year for balance to be served at DOC discretion, suspended after 8 months for 18 months at Level 3. He was sentenced for Possession of a Deadly Weapon by Person Prohibited.
- Jermaine Miller, 30, 5'10" and 160 pounds. Miller arrived at PCCC on 08/18/2010. He was serving a 17-year, 11-month sentence at Level 4 Crest, suspended upon completion of the Crest program for 3 months at Level 4 home confinement and 12 months at Level 3. He was sentenced for violation of probation on an original charge of Possession within 1000' of a School.
prison escape, delaware, philadelphia, crime
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run