Possible police impersonator sought in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - October 14, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are searching for a possible police impersonator.
The incident occurred just after 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
A driver was traveling north on I-95, north of US 202 and was approaching Marsh Road. The driver told troopers that she passed a light blue Kia Sorento after it changed lanes.
When the driver passed, that SUV type vehicle moved behind her car.
The Kia began to flash its headlights.
The suspect vehicle then moved along side her car and the suspect driver began to motion for her to pullover as he was holding up what appeared to be a badge contained in a black case.
The female driver became scared because she was alone and did not pull over. The driver exited at Marsh Road and drover for approximately 3 miles before the Kia stopped following her in the area of Marsh Road and Silverside Road.
She even made a few U-turns in order to keep the vehicle from following her.
The female driver went home and called state police.
Troopers would like to find the operator of the Kia Sorento.
Anyone with information concerning the driver of the Kia is asked to contact the state police at Troop - 1 by dialing 302-761-6677.
Callers may remain anonymous. Tips may also be forwarded to law enforcement through tip lines maintained by Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-333 3 or on line at www.tipsubmit.com.
- State police would like to remind motorists to do the following if they are being stopped by a person that they don't believe to be a police officer:
- Activate the vehicle's flashes
- Don't increase speed or incite a pursuit
- Drive at a normal speed to a crowded and/or well lit area
- Use a cell phone to report the activity
- If you stop in a public area and are approached by someone not in uniform, roll the vehicle window down about ½ inch and ask for identification
- Ask for a uniformed officer to respond to the car stop (Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
delaware, police impersonator, wilmington, crime
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 12 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 19 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 21 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
21 min ago