Police: Woman embezzled $14,000 from liquor store
DOVER, Del. (AP) - October 21, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are searching for a woman who they say embezzled more than $14,000 from a liquor store where she worked near Rehoboth Beach.
Police say 40-year-old Tamara Geiselman has been indicted on seven counts of theft after an investigation into internal theft at the Atlantic Liquors store on Coastal Highway.
Authorities say managers confronted Geiselman about the thefts in June after inventory discrepancies were discovered, and that she has since not returned to the store. Police say Geiselman would sell items, and then mark them as returned and pocket the cash.
Police say the thefts occurred between July 2009 and January 2010 and totaled about $14,815.
delaware, embezzlement, alcohol, rehoboth beach, crime
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 46 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 49 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police