Police: Woman embezzled $14,000 from liquor store
DOVER, Del. (AP) - October 21, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are searching for a woman who they say embezzled more than $14,000 from a liquor store where she worked near Rehoboth Beach.
Police say 40-year-old Tamara Geiselman has been indicted on seven counts of theft after an investigation into internal theft at the Atlantic Liquors store on Coastal Highway.
Authorities say managers confronted Geiselman about the thefts in June after inventory discrepancies were discovered, and that she has since not returned to the store. Police say Geiselman would sell items, and then mark them as returned and pocket the cash.
Police say the thefts occurred between July 2009 and January 2010 and totaled about $14,815.
delaware, embezzlement, alcohol, rehoboth beach, crime
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 24 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos