Phila. officer shoots robbery suspect
WEST KENSINGTON - October 25, 2010 (WPVI) -- A robbery suspect is in stable condition after being shot in the hand during a chase Monday night..
The shooting happened alogn the 4800 block of North Palethorp Street in Philadelphia's West Kensington section just before 9 p.m.
Police say they intercepted the robbery suspect who fled and was shot in the hand by police. Medics rushed him to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
Details about the initial robbery call were still being investigated.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, west kensington, robbery, police, police chase, shooting, crime
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 15 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 14 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 56 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases