Arrest in burglary, vandalism at U. of Del. stadium
NEWARK, Del. - October 27, 2010 (WPVI) -- A man has been charged for burglary and vandalism on the grounds of the stadium at the University of Delaware.
Franklin Blunt III, 19, formerly of Dover, was arrested for the crimes on Sunday.
According to campus police, Blunt broke into a garage at the north end of Delaware Stadium and removed tools and spray paint.
He then allegedly sprayed the letters "UD" with a line through them, then went into the campus shop and painted UD on the counter with nail polish.
Police say he also stole clothing and tampered with an ATM.
On Monday morning, police say they found Blunt inside a concession stand cooking a hot dog.
They say his fingernails were painted blue, the same color used on the campus shop counter.
Blunt was arrested and, police say, he admitted to the crimes.
Blunt, who is not a university student, was sent to prison on $9,750 secured bond and ordered to have no contact with the school.
delaware, newark, University of Delaware, burglary, vandalism, crime
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 18 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 12 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 50 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 41 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 44 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious' 55 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
22 min ago