Police: No sex assault at University of Del.
NEWARK, Del. - November 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- Investigators now say a weekend report of a sexual assault at the U. of Delaware has been recanted.
They said campus police determined that no sexual assault occurred after a thorough investigation.
The woman claimed she was assaulted in the Rodney Complex on Sunday morning.
The student had said a man followed her into her dorm room and assaulted her. She claimed she was able to get the man to leave with the help of a resident assistant.
The victim recanted her statement and, police say, the investigation is now closed.
delaware, University of Delaware, sex assault, crime
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 57 min ago
- Record Warmth! 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 43 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
18 min ago