Police: No sex assault at University of Del.
NEWARK, Del. - November 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- Investigators now say a weekend report of a sexual assault at the U. of Delaware has been recanted.
They said campus police determined that no sexual assault occurred after a thorough investigation.
The woman claimed she was assaulted in the Rodney Complex on Sunday morning.
The student had said a man followed her into her dorm room and assaulted her. She claimed she was able to get the man to leave with the help of a resident assistant.
The victim recanted her statement and, police say, the investigation is now closed.
delaware, University of Delaware, sex assault, crime
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry