Police: No sex assault at University of Del.
NEWARK, Del. - November 5, 2010 (WPVI) -- Investigators now say a weekend report of a sexual assault at the U. of Delaware has been recanted.
They said campus police determined that no sexual assault occurred after a thorough investigation.
The woman claimed she was assaulted in the Rodney Complex on Sunday morning.
The student had said a man followed her into her dorm room and assaulted her. She claimed she was able to get the man to leave with the help of a resident assistant.
The victim recanted her statement and, police say, the investigation is now closed.
delaware, University of Delaware, sex assault, crime
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 43 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014